Monday, February 28, 2011

REWRITING - UGH!

I simply hate rewriting.  It's the most difficult part of the job, as far as I'm concerned.  When I write I know the gist of what I want to say and put it on the computer.  It seems to me that it should be fine, just the way it is.  Unfortunately I do re-read what I've written and notice all sorts of things that must be changed.  Perhaps it's some spelling and grammar.  Sometimes I tend to ramble.  It might even dawn on me that a particular sentence, or god forbid an entire paragraph, doesn't make sense.

Whatever the problem, I just don't want to fix it.  I don't want to do the drudgery of the all-important rewrite.  That's not to say that I don't do it, because most of the time I do. A brilliant friend of mine is kind enough to read the work I'm currently doing on my memoirs.  I sit and wait for her reaction each time I send it.  When it finally arrives the notations for corrections instill a sinking feeling in my gut from realizing that I must fix it.

OK, I've spent enough time writing this blog and now I have to get back to my latest rewrite.  Maybe I could just go have something to eat instead.......

No comments:

Post a Comment