Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Musings

OK, here's what's on my mind today.  If someone wants to be a writer of scripts or novels, etc. why don't they take English classes to improve their spelling and grammar?????  I can't stand it.  The mistakes that I read are appalling.  I'm a member of LinkedIn and a sub group on that site called "Aspiring Writers".  The people who write questions and comments on that site are wannabe novelists.  They often can't write a decent sentence.  I find that infuriating.

Is it our educations system?  Is it our lack of good parenting?  I suppose it's these things and many other reasons that our people are almost illiterate today. 

If you want to write professionally then you MUST learn how to write anything.  You are embarrassing yourself.  Yes, I edit for a living, but come on, an occasional mistake is one thing, but I find that these writers are way past the need for a little help.  As a consultant and editor, I don't think my job should be to re-write people's work.  My job is to help make it better and catch some errors.  You are the writer.
Pay attention and respect yourself and your work.

It's never too late to learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment