Sunday, February 6, 2011

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

OK, this is what I want to know from you:  What are your expectations for your writing career.  If you are a new writer who is just trying to break into the Biz, do you think that you can write one script and then magically sell it to a Hollywood movie studio for big bucks, within a few weeks????

I wish that could happen, but it doesn't.  It takes lots of dedication, work and some smart movies on your part.  There are quite a few decisions that you will have to make and hopefully you will make more right ones than wrong ones.  We all make poor decisions at different crossroads of our lives.  That's just the way life goes.  If we make some really good decisions along the way then we are ahead of the game.

Go to professionals, listen to panel discussions, go to seminars that are given by pros.  There are so many of them available to you all over the world.  My friend and colleague Rona Edwards is teaching writing in Singapore, my friend and colleague, Kathie Yoneda will be giving writing classes in Marseilles.  These are only a couple of great teachers who can answer your questions and give you priceless information. This year I will be speaking at The Writers Store in Burbank, at the Big Bear International Film Festival, at the Ink Tip Pitch Summit and Borders Books in Sherman Oaks.

Check my web site (www.novelconsultant.com) for dates and times and come to these events.  Ask me questions, here on my blog.  Reach out and you will get lots of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment